Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy People

Here is a thought. We all know that person who is constantly happy and bubbly no matter what is going on. I think most of us wonder if that person is genuinely a happy person or a really good actor. So that is my thought; is true happiness real or faked.

I am a pessimist. I do not believe that bubbly person is that truly happy. Bad things happen to everyone and sometimes life is just plain unfair. I do not see how that person can constantly portray happiness when they have no real reason to be that happy.

Now some people are just lucky or work really hard to have a great life but the real bubbly people are average like most of us. So are they faking being happy and secretly cry every Thursday night or go home and finally let their depression out? Who knows for sure. Most of you will take things at face value but I am an analyzer. I cannot take things at face value. I have to analyze it to death. I am the one who sits there and wonders "oh my God, is this person so bubbly all the time". I personally cannot stand the overly bubbly person. I use the word bubbly to describe those few who act so happy it's almost sickening.

The bubbly ones are not for me. I prefer to be around those who actually show other emotions. Who react when there should be a reaction. Who get pissed off when they should be pissed. The bubbly ones remind me of a fake barbie doll. Most of us do not like the barbie dolls just as most of us cannot stand the too happy, bubbly person.

Maybe they are that truly happy. Maybe they can see the world and life in a way we cannot. I also ask the question of whether you can be just a happy person, born and bred that way or if you have to work at being happy. I would have to work at being happy. Don't get me wrong, I am not all pessimism and do have bouts of happiness. I am just happy at the appropriate times.

Maybe though I am the problem. Maybe I do not realize my own happiness and take it for granted. Or maybe I am doomed to being an unhappy person. I guess that is a character flaw I will have to work on. But if I ever become the "bubbly" person, just smack me on the back of the head.

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, I have been going through some of your posts and ran across this one about Happy People. No one is happy all the time, it's truely imposssible. But I wanted to share something with you that has gotten me through some very troubled times in my life and it works if you let it. It's called "HUMILITY"


    HUMILITY
    "Humility is perpetual quietness of the heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore; to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go and shut the door and kneel to my Father or Higher Power in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is seeming trouble."


    This doesn't make a happy bubbly person as you know, but it does make me Humble with myself and life around me.



    Humility is the state of being humble. While people may have different ideas about the meaning of humility, a protypical humble person is generally thought to be unpretentious and modest: someone who does not think that he or she is better or more important than others. Humility is not to be confused with humiliation, which is the act of making someone else feel ashamed, and is seen as something completely different.



    Just my thoughts, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, the past comment doesn't have to do with just this one paticular blog, but others that I have read such as "THOUGHT" "RELIGION and SPIRITUALITY"...


    Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete