Friday, May 7, 2010

Why do so Many People Blog?

I just finished watching the movie "Julie and Julia". This movie is the reason why I started a blog. It also made me think of my thought for today. Why do so many people blog?

I don't know if anyone other than my mother reads my blog but I do know that my voice is out there, even if no one cares to listen. I think that is why we blog. To be heard. To be more than just a whisper in a noisy world. The fact is, we are all whispers but a lot of whispering becomes loud.

We could write our thoughts down on paper as it was traditionally done before the age of computers, internet and blogging. I think just the thought of possibility that our whisper is being heard is enough to make so many of us write in a blog. It gives the sensation of being a part of something so much bigger than ourselves. We feel a little bit bigger in a world so large and less likely to get lost in the sea of people. We are a part of something and maybe no one is listening and we are smaller than we think but that is alright with me. I am just happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment