Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sleepless Night

I had a horrible night last night. I could not get to sleep no matter what I tried. My sleeping pills didn't work and I stopped looking at the clock around 4am. Needless to say I slept in after I was finally able to fall asleep. I slept way to long though, I think due to a pill hangover. Like I said, I tried everything and then slept the whole day away. I didn't get up until my daughter woke me up around 3:00 this afternoon. Hopefully I will have a better night tonight.

I am definitely not a morning person but I wish I was. I really don't like that I sleep so long but I can't seem to get myself out of bed either. Plus, I really don't have much to do during the day so waking up early seems like just longer hours to spend bored. I think maybe I should start doing more with the kids this summer. Maybe take them fishing or swimming during the day. That will give me some motivation and a reason to wake up earlier.

Because I slept so late we're having a late dinner tonight. Fried chicken and a cold tortalini pasta dish with baby tomatoes, parmasean cheese, and italian dressing. I hope it comes out tasting good. Cooking is one of my passions though I haven't been doing it much of late.

Since my funding had been pulled at college I have been going through a depression and have stopped doing things I normally enjoy. I'm on a depression med though and things have now worked out with my college so I am getting back on track. It sure has been a rough couple of months though but I'm grateful for things starting to look up again.

So, I have to check on dinner now. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment