Monday, November 22, 2010

I Will Soon Be Starting a New Blog

So, my Mother said I have to make a new post. I really don't keep up on my blog like I should but my life is rather boring and I don't have a whole lot to talk about.

I will be designing a new blog. A woman who runs a popular quilting website wants to make a blog about being an amateur quilter since the site is geared towards amateur quilters and filled with tons of information for us. I had seen that she was looking for people to write articles and to help with web work but because of my lack of experience quilting I figured writing articles would be difficult. I'm still learning myself. So I came up with the idea of writing a blog about being a novice quilter. She loved the idea so now I must design a new blog so she can link it on her website. I have decided to title the blog "The Many Misadventures of the Amateur Quilter". What do you think of the title?

At least this will get me back in the habit of writing again and get me going on the quilt I started for my son. The last month and a half has been crazy. I've been busy and hadn't been sleeping so I was always exhausted and just didn't have the energy for quilting. Plus, I was used to working on my quilts when Tim left work when he was working third shift. I would stay up sewing because I didn't have to get up early to get the kids on the bus but now that he's on first shift I have to be up by 6:30am to get them off to school. Unfortunately I haven't been making time to quilt. I go to bed much earlier now and for some reason I have always only wanted to work on my crafts at night. With my new sleeping schedule that makes it a little difficult. I am hoping that by keeping this blog I will work harder and make time for my quilting which I truly enjoy doing.

Anyway, that's all for now. When I get my new blog up and running I will post the link on this blog and vice versa.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased with how you keep evolving. You have taught me a thing or 2 about keeping myself busier with some projects. So I will first takle redoing the master bath and then out to the bedroom. Wish me luck! Love Mom!

    ReplyDelete